SpineCore Dynamic Corrective Brace
There is now a major non-surgical breakthrough in the treatment of scoliosis. This breakthrough is called The SpineCor System, which has the highest success rate for helping patients diagnosed with scoliosis. In fact it stabilizes 87% of scoliosis cases, while not restricting movement, offering far more comfort and being virtually invisible under clothing. The SpineCor System is a soft brace that does not need to be worn 24 hours a day. Dr. Mick Sicre (DC) who has been practicing locally for over 10 years in the Northern VA area is certified to Administer the SpineCor Dynamic Corrective Brace.
Do you have questions about the Spincor Brace and how it can help you or someone you love? Call our knowledgeable staff today to find out information about this remarkable brace. Call us at (703) 481-4400
What is scoliosis?
Scoliosis is the outcome of a progressive 3D deformation of the spine
- Scoliosis affects between 2 and 3% or the population
- Among the most severe scoliosis cases, 8 out of 10 are young females
- Scoliosis begins in childhood or adolescnece. It occurs at different ages and is categorized accordingly as an infantile, juvenile or adolescent scoliosis. It can be detected at all ages but as it is very much related to growth, it is most common in adolescence.
- In more than 80% of the cases, the real cause of scoliosis remains unknown; this is why it is called idiopathic. There are many hypotheses being studied by researchers. Heredity and growth control mechanisms are the main focus for modern research. While there is no scientific consensus on the precise cause and progression factors or idiopathic scoliosis, enough is know the improve non-surgical treatments.
If untreated, most severe scoliotic deformations have mid and long-term consequences on:
- Vital functions: respiratory and cardiac pathology
- Locomotion: pain and mobility limitation
- Aesthetic: hunchbacked aspect and short trunk